Intern at Gulfstream


Internships are an excellent alternative to co-op programs for students looking to work for multiple employers and/or different disciplines while still a student. They offer a bit more flexibility in relation to co-op programs at the expense of shorter work sessions and having to re-apply for multiple internships should you desire to do so. Unlike co-op sessions, internships are typically only one term. That's not to say that internships are in any way insignificant. Internships provide crucial professional experience that helps students stand out from their peers and be more likely to find a job after graduation. The Office of Professional Practice highly recommends that all students obtain professional experience, whether it is through a co-op, an internship, or research. The choice between pursuing a co-op versus an internship is entirely up to each student and their educational and professional goals.

While some internships may not necessarily be hosted through the Office of Professional Practice, students wishing to do an intensive internship will most likely register through our office. There are also other special circumstances where students may wish to register through our office. This is typically done in cases where an internship would take place during a fall or spring semester and the student would otherwise not receive credit for the internship. Without that credit and enrollment in classes, the student's status for financial aid and insurance obligations could be put in jeopardy. Registering through our office would allow the student to maintain their full-time student status while away at their internship by paying a small fee to register for a 0-credit class. For more details, please contact our office.

Click here to see a list of available programs by discipline/major.

Purdue University Office of Professional Practice, Potter Engineering Center, Rm 114, 500 Central Dr, West Lafayette, IN 47907 (765) 494-7430

© 2014 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by the Office of Professional Practice

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at